The Google Play Store is Google’s app marketplace for Android devices. It allows you to browse and download a wide variety of apps, games, music, movies, TV shows, books, and more.
Some key things to know about the Google Play Store:
– It comes pre-installed on most Android devices. You can also download the Play Store app on other Android devices to access it.
– There are over 2.5 million apps and games available in the Play Store spanning many categories like productivity, entertainment, lifestyle, and more. Many are free to download with optional in-app purchases.
– You can purchase and rent a wide selection of movies, TV shows, music, ebooks, audiobooks, and news publications. Content pricing varies but there are many free options as well.
– There are curated lists of top apps, games, movies, books, and more as well as recommendations based on your download and viewing history.
– Payment methods include credit cards, gift cards, carrier billing, and in some countries cash payments through retailers.
– You can control app permissions, ratings, reviews, and other settings. Parents can use parental controls and families can use Google Play Family Library to share apps, movies, books, etc.
– The Play Store is available in many countries and languages. You can change your country settings to switch between stores and see different content.
Sometimes, you may come across a situation when you need to change country in the Google play store.
Here, In this article, I’ll explain how you can do that.
Make sure to stay with me and read the article carefully in order to do that. The article will help you the same.
Here are the methods to change the country in the Google play store:
If you want to change the country in your Google play to get access to foreign applications then you’re at the right place.
Make sure to stay with me and in the further steps, I’ll explain some of the methods that will help you the same.
There is not any definite way of doing this. You can follow the methods one after the other and let me know which one helps you the same.
1. Here are the settings you need to change:
Changing your country settings in the Google Play Store involves a few steps:
1. Sign in to your Google Account on the web at myaccount.google.com.
2. Under “Personal info & privacy”, click “Country and language”.
3. Select your new country from the list. This will update your country setting for all Google services linked to that account, including the Google Play Store.
4. Clear the cache and data for the Google Play Store app on your Android device. To do so:
– Open the Google Play Store app.
– Tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines).
– Tap “Settings”.
– Tap “Clear cache” and then “Clear data”.
– Restart your device.
5. If you changed to a new country with a different currency, you may need to add a payment method for that country in order to make purchases from the Play Store.
6. Some content such as movies, books, and apps may differ based on country availability and restrictions. The options in the Play Store will update based on your new country setting.
7. Developers may charge different prices for their apps in different countries. Your app purchases will now show the prices for your new country.
These are the required steps you need to take in order to change the country in your Google play store. Make sure to follow the same steps.
If you have any questions in any of these steps then you can ask me in the comments down below.
2. Using VPN service:
It’s another great way to change the country in your Google play store. You can try this way as well in order to change the location of your Google Play Store.
A VPN or Virtual Private Network allows you to create a secure connection over a less secure network, like the public internet. Some of the benefits of using a VPN include:
– Privacy – VPNs encrypt your internet traffic and hide your real IP address, preventing others from seeing your online activities.
– Security – Encryption makes it more difficult for hackers and cybercriminals to steal your data or infiltrate your device.
– Access – VPNs can be used to access restricted or censored content by masking your real location and IP address. This allows you to get around geographic restrictions for streaming media or other websites.
– Anonymity – With your real IP address hidden, it’s more difficult to track your online activities back to you. This allows for more anonymity when browsing the web.
However, free VPN services typically collect and sell your data to third parties and don’t always have strong security.
Paid VPNs tend to have stronger privacy and security practices.
You’ll need to evaluate different VPN services based on their logging policies, encryption standards, jurisdiction, and other factors.
Here are the basic steps to use a VPN:
1. Sign up for a VPN service. You can choose a free VPN, but paid VPNs typically offer better security and privacy.
2. Download the VPN app on the device you want to use. This could be a desktop or laptop computer, smartphone, tablet, or another device. The app will vary depending on which VPN service you choose.
3. Open the VPN app and sign in with your account credentials.
4. Choose a server location. The VPN app will show you available server locations in different cities and countries. Select the location you want to appear to be connecting from.
5. Click Connect or Enable to turn on the VPN.
6. Once connected, all your internet traffic will be encrypted and routed through the VPN server you chose.
You can now browse the web or use apps with more privacy and potentially access region-restricted content.
7. When finished, click Disconnect or Disable in the VPN app to stop using the VPN.
Let me know if you have any other questions about how to use a VPN.
Once VPN is connected try to open the Google play store and you’ll see the country will change. Make sure to follow the steps in order to get connected with another country and you’ll see different content.
3. Try to add some parameters in the URL:
You can also try this simple method of changing the country of your Google play store. Make sure to open a web browser on your laptop/PC.
Once it’ll open, make sure to follow the below steps in order to change the country of your Google play store.
– You need to add a parameter of gl=(country_code). Suppose the URL of the play store is given here https://play.google.com/store/movies?hl=en&gl=IN
– Now, if you want to change country then you need to change the value of “gl”. Suppose, you want to change India to the United States then you need to replace the IN with the US.
– Once you’ll do that, your country of the play store is changed and now you can see the prices and content different from the Indian version.
These are the required steps you need to follow in order to change the country of the Play Store.
If you have any issues following the steps then please write in the comments down below.
4. By using the data-roaming method:
It’s another great way of changing the country of your Google play store.
Make sure to get a foreign-country SIM. If you don’t have one then you can ask your friends, relatives or anyone in your known to buy one.
Once you’ll get the SIM card of some other country, now, you need to follow the below steps.
– First, you need to insert the SIM card into your mobile device and then you need to turn it ON.
– Now, make sure to open your device setting and then you need to go to the SIM setting.
– Here, you’ll find the option called DATA ROAMIN. Make sure to turn this feature ON and you’ll now be connected to the internet.
– Data roaming may charge you for using the data of your mobile device but it’ll not take more than 10 minutes. Make sure, your WLAN is disconnected and not connected while using the device data.
– Now, you need to create a new account on Google and select the respective country while adding a phone number. You need to log out of the old account from your Play Store and need to sign in with the new one.
– Once you’ll follow the required steps, now, you can see the country will change in your Google Play Store. Now, you can access the content of some other countries.
– Now, you can turn on your WLAN in order to install any application from there.
5. Using proxy service:
A proxy service is a server that sits between a client computer and the internet. It relays requests from the client to websites and returns responses back.
However, some proxy services are misused for illegal activity, so I cannot recommend or directly point to specific proxy services.
You can use the proxy for changing the Geographic location of your Google play store. Make sure to follow the below steps in order to do that.
The specifics of how to configure the proxy settings will depend on the operating system and application, but generally, the steps are:
– Obtain the proxy server address and port number. This information should be provided by the proxy service you are using.
– In your browser or app, go to the settings and find the “proxy” or “network” options.
– Save the settings and launch your browser or app. Your traffic will now be routed through the proxy server.
Again, I cannot recommend or endorse specific proxy services, as some may enable illegal or malicious activity.
You should make sure you understand the rules and terms of service of any proxy service before using it.
These are the methods you can try in order to change the country of your Google play store. If you planning to move to some other country or want to get access to geo-restriction applications, games, books, moves, etc. then you can do that with these methods.
If you have any questions or anything you may have to share with us then you can write it down in the comments down below.
If you liked the article and found it helpful then please do share it with your friends and families.